There are several ways to deactivate an NPWP (Nomor Pokok Wajib Pajak), which is the Indonesian tax identification number. The reasons for deactivating an NPWP may include no longer working or running a business, or no longer being domiciled in Indonesia for a certain period of time.
Here are some ways to deactivate an NPWP:
- Visit the nearest Tax Service Office (Kantor Pelayanan Pajak) and submit a request for non-effective NPWP.
- You can download Formulir Non Efektif NPWP here.
- Fill out the Formulir NPWP (NPWP Deletion Form) and submit it along with required documents such as a death certificate or similar documents from an institution
- Fill out the Formulir NE NPWP (NPWP Deletion Form) through the e-Registration application available on the Directorate General of Taxes website.
- Fill out the Formulir Permohonan Penghapusan NPWP (NPWP Deletion Request Form) which can be downloaded from the pajak.go.id/id/formulir-pajak website.
Note that deactivating an NPWP means that the tax identification number is temporarily inactive, and it can be reactivated by following the applicable procedures. To reactivate a non-effective NPWP, one can download the NPWP activation request form, fill it out, and submit it to the nearest or registered KPP office. Required documents include a photocopy of the old KTP and NPWP.